October 06, 2011

Apronisms by EllynAnne Geisel

What a cute little book! Not at all what I expected, nonetheless I enjoyed it quite a bit. I had visions of it showing old aprons and giving instructions on how to make an apron; obviously I didn't read the description very well.

When I opened my mail here lay this tiny 3.5" by 2.5" book with the beautiful cover art I had seen on my screen. Ok, that's fine, I open it up and discover:

A treasure trove of beautiful pictures (I did get pictures of old aprons), little sayings, and stories from the author that are meant to inspire the reader. My favorite saying was "Wear pearls with your apron and you're dressed up enough (pg.20)." The little anecdotes in here are great to pull out once a day to give yourself some inspiration. Or, if you're just having a gloomy day, sit down and read the whole thing!

While it wasn't what I expected I'll surely get some enjoyment out of this book. The colors are rich and while the pages are tiny the font is large enough to read comfortably. In fact just reading it makes me want to go pull on an apron and bake some cookies.

Apronisms
Copyright 2008
72 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment