October 08, 2011

Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares

This was my least favorite of the series. While you could probably read this one on its own, it would make sense to read the others beforehand. For those not familiar with the series, it revolves around four friends and a special pair of pants that fit all of them. With these pants they experience life and all it has to offer.

In this book the girls have been in college and are doing their different summer activities; but they run into snags as usual. Carmen has found a friend who likes her only when she's not succeeding, and she's starting to succeed at acting camp. Tibby fears she is pregnant and it causes her to draw further and further away from her boyfriend. Lena is still pining for Kostos, but finds a new interest in Leo. And finally, Bridget plays with a dangerous relationship while she's on a dig abroad.

The characters really plummeted in this book. Lena as I finally figured out, is just boring. I could never figure out why I wasn't attracted to her character in the previous books and it just kind of hit me with this one. Tibby takes a wide leap and does some very uncharacteristic things. Carmen is even further from herself and despite being able to get down and out sometimes, it just wasn't realistic for her character to do what she does. Bridget is actually the only one I liked. I think this was the best of her in the books.

The writing is the same as in the others and it is easy reading. However, the plot was sorely lacking and kind of boring in this book. Actually a lot was recycled among the girls for this book.

This book just wasn't as charming as the others and I'm kind of glad it is the end because I don't think I'd go on. I almost wish that there had only been one book as the others were ok, but the first was among the strongest.

Forever in Blue
Copyright 2007
384 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment